ADM 1102 – INTRODUCTION TO LAW
MIDDLE EAST TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
INTRODUCTION TO LAW
Prof. Dr. Sadi Çaycı
Office: Başkent University, Faculty of Law, Bağlıca Campus, Office of the Dean, B-126.
Office hours: N/A (Please prefer e-mailing)
- Rona Aybay, An Introduction to Law – with special references to Turkish Law, (Annex: English-Turkish & Turkish-English Glossary), 3. Baskı, Alfa Basım, Yayım, Dağıtım, Istanbul, October 2015, 388 pp.
- Introduction to Turkish Law, Tuğrul Ansay & Don Wallace, Jr. (editors), Sixth Edition, Walters Kluwer, 2011, xxvii-273 pp.
Mid-term Exam: 40%
THE COURSE DESCRIPTION AND OBJECTIVES:
Society, social environment, order and jurisprudence; introduction to basic legal concepts; actual effects and impact of legal issues; encounters of individuals with legal disputes; legal systems of the World; branches of law; public and private law; civil law and criminal law; rule of law; human rights law; separation of powers & checks and balances systems; international treaties; judicial review of administrative actions, civil law, contract law (law of obligations), commercial law, settlement of international commercial disputes.
THE OBJECTIVE IS TO ACQUIRE BASIC LEGAL FORMATION TO BECOME MANAGERS OF BUSINESSES AND HUMAN RESOURCES.
In order for students to organize their time in preparing the classes in advance, the following schedule will be observed during the semester.
There can be changes in the schedule, which will be announced in advance.
- Society, social order & law (Aybay, pp. 21-53).
- Legal systems of the World (Aybay, pp. 74-82; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 1-9, 14-18).
- Application of legal rules (Aybay, pp. 54-73; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 10-14).
- Branches of law (Aybay, pp. 85-91, 159-161).
- Constitutional law (Aybay, pp. 92-110; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 19-50).
- Administrative law (Aybay, pp. 110-119; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 51-89).
- Environmental law (Aybay, pp. 134-135).
- Criminal law – Criminal procedure law (Aybay, pp. 119-130; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 175-212, 213-217, 237-256).
- Public international law (Aybay, pp. 130-134).
- Civil law (Aybay, pp. 136-144; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 91-102, 103-112, 119-133, 135-146, 147-158).
- Law of obligations (Aybay, pp. 144-147; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 159-173).
- Commercial law (Aybay, pp. 147-154; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 112-117).
- Law of civil procedure (Aybay, pp. 127-128; Ansay-Wallace, pp. 218-235).
- Private international law (Aybay, pp. 154-159).